The Jones Act, Seaman & Parker Drilling case is about a maritime seaman on a vessel in navigable waters that was injured and later filed a lawsuit under the Jones Act. This case in the United States District Court,W.D. Louisiana, Lafayette Division ruled on the jones act claim. A brief summary of the Jones Act, Seaman & Parker Drilling case includes:
This case arises out of an on-the-job personal injury. Seaman status is disputed.
- This matter involves claims brought by the plaintiff, Kirby Semien, against defendant, Parker Drilling Offshore USA, LLC, under the Jones Act and the general maritime law.
- At the time of his alleged injury, Mr. Semien was employed by Parker Drilling as a shakerhand and alleges on May 22, 2014 he injured his right knee while working aboard the Inland Drilling Rig 54B, which was owned by Parker Drilling.
- Mr. Semien asserts a claim under the Jones Act, and under the general maritime law for unseaworthiness, and maintenance and cure, and designated this as an action brought under the admiralty
- The Court ruled: Ruled and described awards applicable
- For more on the Jones Act, Seaman & Parker Drilling case, please follow this link: Jones Act, Seaman & Parker Drilling – April 5, 2016.
CASE WATCH℠ is a compilation of Jones Act cases nationwide.
Case Watch is provided for the seaman and others as a source of information about various situations in which seaman have been injured while performing their jobs aboard a vessel, ship, platform etc. The seaman have usually sought remedies (unseaworthiness and maintenance and cure) under general maritime law and the Jones Act.
We hope that it is both helpful and informative.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.ad
If you have been injured and/or have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, mesothelioma) while working as a seaman, and need a Jones act and maritime lawyer to help you file a Jones Act lawsuit, contact our office at 1.800.672.4916.